Tuesday, July 30, 2013

taylor creek: a bit of flora, a bit of fauna.

Second time hiking the Taylor Creek trail inside the Kolob Canyon section of Zion. It had stormed the night before so there were lingering clouds, cool temps and humidity. I'll save the actual hike for a different post, for this I'll have pictures of some of the plants and the animals (or their tracks) that I came across. 







Raccoon tracks. 

Deer tracks. Oddly, these were the only two prints I saw. 

This is one of the two squirrels that was "nice" enough to humor me and my constant need to take pictures. It seemed pretty comfortable around people, as long as you wanted to "drop" a snack here and there. A little squirrel skirmish broke out between the two but I wasn't able to get a clip of it. 

I'll have more on this hike up soon, including better pictures of the Double Arch Alcove, a panoramic and the two homestead cabins you can see along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment