Sunday, July 21, 2013

vegas: eats.

This past weekend was spent down in Las Vegas. There was shopping, a bit of drinking and some eating. I'll be breaking up the Vegas trip because this food post is going to be long as it is.

While none of the places we went to were new to us, a few of the entrees were. Before we head down there we pretty much have a game plan of places to eat. Vegas is known for it's food and for awhile, we just stuck to the local, off the strip eats. That changed not too long ago. We started going to the strip more, a place we used to avoid like crazy and soon we were eating at the restaurants. 

The first eating stop was the Meatball Spot on Friday for happy hour. I've fallen in love with this place, it's good, consistent and the price is pretty awesome. I had heard about it on twitter from TJ Lavin, he had been going on and on about how awesome this place is and knew we had to try it. I'm still trying to work my way through the menu but everything I've had so far has been delicious. This time I had the garlic parmesan fries, a slice of pizza topped with spinach and a few glasses of their white grape sangria. 

Later Friday night, we ate at Serendipity 3 on the strip at Ceasar's Palace. This was the second time there. Delicious, as always. I just had an appetizer (chicken satay lettuce wraps) with the warm Vegas weather I didn't want anything too heavy. We had a bit of crazy weather but that's a story for another post.

Saturday morning, we woke up early and headed down to the Sugar Factory at Paris for some breakfast. What I really wanted they didn't have on their shortened menu so I got myself a Belgian Waffle with a side of bacon and some coffee. Everything I've had there has been phenomenal, it can feel a little crowded but it's well worth it.

Lunch, Saturday, was an all you can eat KBBQ buffet. We don't normally do buffets but, of course, there's always that one exception. It's a bit pricey but if you have an appetite you'll definitely get your money's worth. Also you leave smelling like food for a bit. Had a plate of salad, a bowl of rice and about 5 plates of brisket (the 5 was split between two people). 


Onto dinner, that was at Macayo's. A place we've been going to for years. It's a TexMex food place that's really good and really nicely priced. I had my usual salad with ranch and beef taquitos.


Sunday was the last few hours in Vegas and kept it simple, went to Teriyaki Madness. Had my usual chicken katsu, this time with noodles.


The last food stop was in St. George, UT. And that was at In-n-Out, a number 2 with spread and pickles with some animal style fries, no onions. To me, it isn't as good as one in Southern California but it's close enough. 

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm. Looks good. And I know TJ Lavins wifes sister. :) I used to work with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, that's awesome!! i seem to constantly have a six degrees type thing with him. lol. i've seen him once in person.

      Delete