Thursday, June 6, 2013

taylor creek.

Taylor Creek is inside the Kolob Canyon part of Zion National Park. A fairly easy almost 5 mile hike roundtrip, the worst part about it was at the very end when you need to climb these stairs made for giants. It was a nice hike, could hear the birds chirping, see lizards doing their pushups, weren't many bugs just yet.

I had to cross the creek a few times. Beautiful scenery, cool perfect about ankle deep creek water and there weren't many people there. (Made the mistake of going on Memorial Day Weekend)

At the end of the trail was the Double Arch Alcove. Wow, that thing was amazing. And it echoes. If you ever visit, make sure to sit on a log or a rock... because the sand gets everywhere.  


This was the view from inside the alcove. A couple groups, nothing too bad. 

One thing I wish I did was take a panoramic of the place. Maybe take a video or two... But since it's pretty close to where I am, I think I'll have to go back and do that.  





No comments:

Post a Comment