Sunday, June 9, 2013

spring creek.

This was a really easy Sunday morning hike that was more getting to the scenery than walking in it.

I got stung or bit by something that just seemed to have aimed for my leg and dive bombed right into it. With a few expletives and some jumping around, I even had to check on it. All that's there right now is a big red spot and some yuck. Took some time for me to blurt out a couple more expletives,  curse the bug's life and kept moving. The hike was about 4 miles give or take. Mostly sand,  bugs, saw a snake or two. 

Crossed a tiny creek a couple times, saw where the creek used to be.


There were some places where you knew a gorgeous waterfall used to be but they were long dried out.


All in all it was nice to get out and stretch the legs but I'm not in a huge rush to get back here. 

2 comments: