Monday, June 17, 2013

south fork of taylor creek.

This Sunday's hike was in the Kolob Canyon part of Zion National Park. It was about 2ish miles long and not maintained by the park. Was told that this trail is for the people who go mountain climbing. The trail wasn't all that wide and basically, if you ever wanted to take a machete and just thrash through you would have a blast here. The plants and trees were overgrown. It's in between two fingers of the Kolobs and it was a nice morning.

This was taken right at the starting point, sun wasn't even fully up and thankfully... neither were the bugs.

There were a lot or trees and just walls and walls of mountain. Some pretty cool formations here and there.

I'm pretty sure there was even a face or two in one of the walls... Can you see it? 

Trees provided some nice shade, the sand was pink and tired you out a lot faster than you would expect. Getting up some of the hills with just how deep some of the sand was, I was kicking myself I did "legs day" the day before...

It was a nice hike to get out and go but I'm pretty sure I got spoiled by all the creeks and whatnot. Oh well, another hike down and I believe there's about 3 more to go inside the Kolob portion of Zion. 






1 comment: