Monday, August 12, 2013

kanarra falls...

Yesterday morning was a great time to go hiking but also a sad reminder that hiking season is almost done. Unless, of course, I gear up in jackets, pants, boots and whatever else I'd need. Might have to do that for certain hikes, see how different it looks with snow and ice. Anyhoo...
This was taken  at the stopping point of yesterday's hike. I've done this hike maybe a handful of times and never thought to get down this far. Glad I did, though... it was gorgeous. The weather to start was a tiny bit on the cold side and the water was too. The further into the hike as the sun was starting to rise more the air and the water started to warm up a bit. On the way down, it felt like perfection as you crossed in and out of the creek and the water would hit your ankles or higher. 

If this is the end of hiking season, I'm glad I got to do it. It was fun, challenging and really rewarding. Not only in the pictures and views but also knowing that this stuff is just not even an hour away from where I live. Winter will definitely bring new adventures and a new chance to give what I used to have no patience for another shot... so we'll see where that leads. Stick around, there's still plenty to see. 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place!! If you have the courage, hiking in the winter must be lovely, to see all those places with snow and ice. I would never do it though.. unless there were decent roads/paths to walk on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors can be so vibrant, I don't think the pictures can do it justice. I've never hiked in the winter but if I do, I'm going to be really safe about it.

      Delete